Friday, April 8, 2011

Spotlight on Lizzy!!

Hey everyone!! Crystal here with my first blog post here! I am super excited to be able to spotlight on Lizzy! I so hope you enjoy getting to know her and make sure you stop by her gallery and check out her amazing pages! I am sure you will be as inspired as I am!

How long have you been digi-scrapping? And how did you get into it?
I first looked at digi-scrapping back in 2008. I downloaded a trial of Photoshop (I can't even remember why), and as I was searching the web for PS tutorials, I came across lots of scrapping blogs, and quickly got hooked! I was pregnant at the time and soon fell away from it as I got close to my due date, and my son was over 6 months old before I had the time to go back to it again in January 2009...and I haven't stopped since!

What program you use? and what camera?
I use Photoshop CS5, and a plain old Sony point and shoot. It's nothing special, but I'm happy with it, mostly because I'm too lazy to learn how to use a DSLR!

Do you print out your layouts? Have you made any photobooks?
I have hundreds, probably thousands of layouts sitting on my EHD waiting to be printed. I have printed some pages, but mostly just to see what they looked like in print! I do plan on printing my pages in photobooks, but as I don't always scrap chronologically, I have yet to complete a book for printing (but I'm almost there on my 4.5yr old's first year book!!).

What are your favourite layouts and why?
Tough question! These would probably change if you asked me again tomorrow, but right now it's these:

I love this one because it's one of my favourite kits, and we rarely get the weather for beach trips here, so I loved these photos!

This was a page that was a long time coming because I never could decide how I wanted to do it, but I love how it turned out.

I just love how this one turned out, the kit was just perfect for my photos.
What are your favourite KCB products?
I tend to lean towards girly kits, so anything with pink! But I love these ones:

And my favourite beach kit ever:
What's your favourite type of picture to scrap?
I love everyday photos. 99% of what I scrap is my kids, and I try to capture little details, their personalities, quirks, etc (things that will probably change over time) so that we'll always remember them. I also love scrapping themed photos, because then I don't struggle with trying to match the photo to a kit!

What inspires you?
I'm always inspired by photos of my kids, especially if I manage to catch them smiling! I'm a template user, so it's always a template that inspires the start of my page, and it goes from there!

Do you have any digital scrapbooking tips and tricks you want to share?
Um...not really! I have learned though, to only scrap what I want and in a style that I'm comfortable with, and not in a way that I think I should or that others do. My favourite pages are the ones that I scrapped how I really wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment