Thursday, December 17, 2009

Write With Me - December Layout

Hi KCB fans! Here’s my layout for this month’s challenge. I’m really happy with the amount of journaling I did on this layout, it felt really good to write about some of my favourite ornaments. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some more ornament photos before the tree gets put away this year, I’d really like to scrapbook a series of mini pages telling the stories behind many of our ornaments.

Show me your layouts featuring your favourite ornaments, and be sure to include some journaling!

*Next week the KCB team will be on holidays, but come back the following Thursday for a journaling freebie! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!


Credits:

  • Holly Jolly by Kristin Cronin-Barrow;
  • Template by Wendyzines;
  • Santa's Sleigh font.

Journaling reads:

Tin Santa-
This is a beautiful tin Santa ornament
that also has a twin. When Jean's
grandmother died, his mother picked
out a few special ornaments from his
grandmother's collection for him to
have. They are wonderful reminders
of a loved one who may be gone, but
never will be forgotten.

Santa Boxes-
This cardboard box with a printed
image of Santa is one of a set of six,
all with unique designs. When I left
home, my mother let me choose a few
ornaments from her collection to take
with me. I just love how unique and
vintage looking these ornaments are,
and they remind me of childhood
Christmas tree trimming.

Baby's first Christmas-
This of course was bought for Ally's
first Christmas. We wanted something
unique and special to mark this very
special Christmas. Whenever I look at
this ornament I remember the bright
eyes and squeels of delight as Ally
opened her presents on her first
Christmas. It was a very special day.

-Monique.

No comments:

Post a Comment