Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Halloween treat bags!

Hi KCB fans! Monique here to share with you my Halloween treat bags for my daugher's class this year. They were quick to design and easy to assemble and look very nice. Here's what I made:
The first thing I did was to design the yellow label and the little tag. I then pasted as many as I needed onto a word document and printed them on my printer. You could also paste them onto a photo size document in your photo editing program and print that at your local photo developer's.

Then I took some black cardstock and cut them in half, scored and folded 1.5inches to create my packaging's "topper" portion. I used a Martha Stewart edge trimmer to pretty up the edge, then used just a bit of glue to keep the label strip in place.

Once the bags were filled (I used 5x7inch bags that I got really cheap on ebay ages ago), I lined up the edges of the bag inside the fold of the cardstock and stapled it in place. I then stapled on the To/From tag at the corner.

Once the labels and tags were designed and printed, the assembly probably took about 30 minutes for a dozen of these bags.

Here's a close up of the bag's edge (sorry for the blurry-ness of the photo):


Kit used is Kristin's Halloween kit from last year, one that's still a huge favourite among her CT:




**Pumpkin used in the To/From tag is from Lliella Designs' Little Tricksters kit. Also available at the Sweet Shoppe.**

No comments:

Post a Comment