Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Inspiration: Words words words

Hi everyone, Lex here :) Likely you've seen a gadzillion "inspired by" Pinterest blog posts--I have to admit that by far it is my favorite time-suck. For a change, I thought I'd share some pins from a pinboard of mine that's filled with words. I'm a freelance writer by trade, and words have always fascinated me. One of the best things I've ever done this year was get back into reading regularly. Devouring new books and escaping into the words of another is a joy unlike any other (much like how I'd describe digiscrapping!)

And George Gordon Byron said it best when he quipped, "Words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew, upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps, millions, think." So here are a few words that made me think and marvel :)












... and this last one is particularly beautiful to me because a few weeks ago, I'd just come home after getting disappointing news about a medical condition I have. I was crying, I was furious, and I was hurting so much. Then I read this--and cried harder. But it allowed me to find peace and to, in the words of Tim Gunn, "carry on." :)



What words have helped you, shaped you, and inspired you?

Source: all pins from this board

No comments:

Post a Comment