Thursday, June 9, 2011

Father's Day Gift Ideas!

It seems like just last week I was complaining about it being super-cold outside, and now we're in the high 90s in north Texas. I can't believe it's JUNE already! School is out, and already I don't know what day it is unless I consult my phone or computer!

Father's Day is a mere ten days away, so I thought I would highlight some fun and unique gift ideas for the dads in your life.

Kristin has this great 12-page album in the shoppe! Have your kids answer some of the journaling questions for a unique gift Dad's sure to treasure.



If you're feeling particularly adventurous, you can put together an album using one of Kristin's fabulous masculine kits. Mr. Fix It is a fantastic choice!



I also really like My Wish for Him. It has a great masculine palette and is full of elements that are perfect for a Daddy album.



Looking to give something other than a digi-scrap gift? If you live in an area with a paint your own pottery place, you could put your child's fingerprints or handprints onto a tile square or coffee mug or plate. One year we purchased digital photo frames for all of the dads in our family and loaded photos onto the frames. You could go a step further and add digital layouts to the frames. One friend is photographing her son with the letters D and A and then putting the three photos into a frame that has three openings to spell out DAD.

Here are some other ideas I found while browsing Pinterest!

I love this stamped washer keychain tutorial.



On the more labor-intensive side, check out this fabulous Altoid-tin-turned-mini-tool-box! How cute would this be as a mini-album container?



I thought these stainless steel collar stays from Red Envelope were pretty cool.



And finally, this gel transfer puzzle would be a clever gift.



There were many, MANY more ideas out there. These were some of my favorites! What are you getting the dads in your life for Father's Day this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment